Welcome to Scribe Mate! I’m so glad you’re here!
I’m Heather, and I’m a VA who loves working behind the scenes so authors and bloggers can focus on what they do best – writing.
Does this sound familiar? You’re in a groove, the writing is flying, these are the days you live for as a writer! Then, suddenly you realize that in order to move on, you need to know exactly how ladies in society wore their hair in 1874 London. Or what the heck SEO means and how people are using it. Or the mating habits of the dung beetle. Or something else completely random. You know exactly what’s about to happen. “I’ll just spend a few minutes looking this up,” you tell yourself, and the next thing you know, it’s four hours later, your dogs haven’t gone outside, your coffee’s cold, your kids haven’t been picked up from school, and while you do now know the mating habits of the dung beetle, you also know where to find them, what they look like, their life spans, the mating habits of their 4 closest relatives, and how to make wine in prison. I don’t even know how you got to that last one, but somehow your research rabbit hole led you there. And you haven’t written another word.
That’s where I come in. Just keep going. Keep writing. I’ll do that research for you. I’ll find out the mating habits of the dung beetle while you stay in your writing groove.
And not just research. I’ll edit/proofread your work, beta read it for you, write and schedule your social media, help you run giveaways, get your book up on Amazon or Createspace if you’re self-publishing, all while you continue to write. And after fifteen years as an administrative and executive assistant, I can help you with your more general admin work as well. Need someone to respond to emails for you? Format and schedule your blog posts? Keep in touch with your street team? Keep writing. I have it handled.
I’m an ISTJ, also known as “The Logistician”, so I’m way more logical than I am creative. What does that mean? Well, (unfortunately) that means I’ll probably never fulfill my dream of becoming an artist. I like order, organization, I stay calm, and I look at problems from a logistical and logical angle, which means I’m going to get them corrected.
A Few More Random Tidbits About Me
- I live in Ohio with my husband
- Both of our kids have fur and four legs
- Both of our furkids are rescue dogs; a Boston Terrier mix named Oliver and a true mutt named Archibald. He’s mostly Jack Russell and Chihuahua, but there’s a lot of other stuff in there, too. There are pics below because I’m that kind of dog mom.
- Archie is on Prozac because he’s neurotic, has OCD and is generally a basket case. Oliver is on Pepcid because he has really bad acid reflux.
- I don’t cook very well, but I love to eat, so Hello Fresh is my new best friend.
- I tend toward sarcasm and a fairly dry sense of humor.
- I try not to curse as much as I want to, but it’s sometimes a losing proposition.
- I have a tendency to talk to myself when I’m working. I usually try to pass it off as talking to the dogs.
- I have a romance book review blog called Smut Matters. I take less care with the cursing over there.
Authors – don’t forget to grab the guide to your best hashtag strategy here!
I’d love to talk to you about how I can help you grow your business or promote your next book. Drop me a line and let’s get started!