Beta Reading is done at a rate of $1/1000 words, rounded to the nearest 1000, up to 100k words. For manuscripts over 100k words, contact me for a quote. Please note that this is per draft, not per manuscript. If an author submits a second draft of the same work, another fee will be charged.
What will I do as a beta reader?
- I’ll read your manuscript as a reader, not as an editor. That means that I’ll be watching for things like story continuity, character arcs, story arcs, dialogue, pacing, etc. I’m not specifically looking for grammar/spelling mistakes, but if something jumps out at me, I will make note of it.
- Offer suggestions to help you improve your story
- Sign an NDA regarding your manuscript
- Provide a blurb you can use for your book
- Expect you to be able to handle constructive criticism.
- Work within your given time frame.
What will I not do?
- Take your ideas to write my own book.
- Rewrite your story for you.
- Try to get you to change the voice you use in your work
- Lie or be dishonest about the work. If I think it’s not ready, or needs extensive rewrites/changes to be viable, I will tell you so.
Ready to get started? Contact me below: